About Me

My photo
Wife, Mom, Childcare provider and self-professed paper crafting junkie!

Blog Archive

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Celebrate MFT!


Today is a big day for MFT stamps! It's the customer blog hop for celebrate MFT day (a monthly occurrence on the 20th of each month) and guess what? I was asked to participate!! I was so excited when I got the email from Joanne! To start at the beginning of the hop, see Joanne's blog.
I'm a big fan of MFT stamps and Flopsey is my favorite so he is the star today. I made this cute little card for my next door neighbors {hi neighbor!}. They have a small garden in the back corner of their yard and they asked us if they could use our fence for their peas to climb as they grew. We, of course, said yes and in return they have given us "bunches" of fresh produce! I know Flopsey should be pulling a carrot out of the ground but my neighbor's radishes were so tasty! I paper pieced Flopsey's overalls with some patterned paper and used my markers and reinkers to watercolor the rest of him. I used the sentiment from Flopsey Flowers and cut it apart to make this custom sentiment to fit my card. I also used last week's challenge sketch for my layout. You can find this week's layout here. I'm so glad you stopped by for a visit, I hope to see you again sometime! Your next stop on the hop is Kerry.
Thanks for "hopping" by and don't forget to upload your MFT creation to the Celebrate MFT gallery on splitcoaststampers using the key word celebrateMFT0809. You just might get asked to participate in next month's blog hop!
stamps: I'm Pullin' for You, Flopsey Flowers (MFT)
ink: versafine black onyx (Tsukineko); real red, always artichoke, more mustard, going gray (SU!)
paper: always artichoke, kiwi kiss, real red, whisper white (SU!); Off Beat DP (Basic Grey)
accessories: ribbon, brads, border punch (SU!); button, flower (Bazzill); embroidery floss (MM)

22 comments:

Bonnie Lynn said...

Oh my gosh!! That background paper is perfect for this Flopsy image!! It so rocks!! I love it!

Elizabeth Bracco said...

Love the paper pieced overalls. Cute card. The color combo is so bright and fresh.

Punkydoodle Papers said...

Flopsey is darling! I love this! Congratulations on being part of the Hop!

Laura said...

CUTE card. Congrats on being part of the hop!

Karen Motz said...

Congrats Gretchen!!! Those paper pieced overalls are precious. I'm sure your neighbour will love the card.

Unknown said...

Gretchen, this is a totally adorable card! I love all your flopseys! You do such fantastic work!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Such cuteness, Gretchen -- that dp is absolute perfection with this Flopsey!

Megan said...

You silly girl, it's the second ever customer blog hop!

I love your card. That dp is awesome with that image! Great work. :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Gretchen, your card is darling.

Melody said...

Great card Gretchen. One of my favorite color combos and that paper is so perfect with Flopsey! Congrats!

Christina Fischer said...

How cute is this?!? Your work is always fantastic! :)

Kim said...

This is so cute and clever!!

Kerry Johnson said...

Ack - how cute is this!! Love his paper pieced pants and just everything! Congrats Gretchen!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is so adorable, Gretchen! LOVE the DP...so perfect with this set! Congratulations!! Wasn't this fun?

hobbydiva said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colors! hehehehe...love those little paper pieced overalls!

Maggie said...

What a cute card....and a fun choice of background paper (I have some of that too and have always wondered what the heck I would use it for.....now I have some inspiration!)...congrats on being in the hop!

Tracey said...

This is fabulous! Love it!

Erin Smetak said...

Super sweet card! Congrats on being chosen for the blog hop!!!! That's so awesome!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

That is so cute!! Love it!!

Jody Morrow said...

Super cute! That is the perfect paper for the Fopsey image! CUTE!

Lisa H. said...

fabulous! perfect paper for a perfect card. congrats on being part of the hop!

Amy Sheffer said...

A feast for the eyes, Gretchen! Awesome job on Flopsey! And that dp - perfect!!