
For the Wednesday trend over on the There She Goes blog, Sandra gave a short tutorial on water coloring. Sandra is a master at this technique and I am just in awe of her beautiful coloring! I decided to use her tutorial today and see how I could do. . .I stamped my image on watercolor paper using Palette ink then went to work with my ink pads and my aqua painter. I'm not too good at shading so I didn't do any of that (I don't really "get" the whole light source thing anyways- something to work on I guess!) I just picked colors that I thought looked good together. I popped a few of the images up on dimensionals to create some depth. I even decorated the inside this time with a strip of coordinating paper and a sentiment. I am pretty pleased with how it turned out (though I'm no Sandra!).
TGIF! My MIL called this morning and was wondering if the kids could spend the night with them. Ummm. . . YES!!! My husband and I will be kid free for the evening so maybe a nice dinner in a restaurant is in order (what's a restaurant?!)
Thanks for stopping by!
"Christmas water coloring"
ink: Palette Burnt Umber (Stewart Superior); Various SU! inks
paper: whisper white, riding hood red, always artichoke (SU!); Eskimo Kisses DP (Basic Grey)
accessories: ribbon (SU!); border punch (EK Succes); jewels (Hero Arts); sewing machine



3 comments:
Gretchen, you make the most BEAUTIFUL cards! Love this one! The coloring is awesome!
Hey you!!! Watercolouring use to be my favorite thing to do and I should of did this challenge, but you rocked it!
Your shading looks fine to me. LOVE all the dimension on this card. :)
Post a Comment