About Me

My photo
Wife, Mom, Childcare provider and self-professed paper crafting junkie!

Friday, December 4, 2009

A White Christmas


There are tiny white flakes coming down out my window right now. I think winter is really here to stay! Today's limited supply challenge on SCS is a (mostly) white holiday card with limited layers and only one ink color! I used silver ink and embossed it for my ink color and there are only 3 layers on this card (popped up with super thick dimensional tape). I did cheat a bit though. The directions said to only use clear or white embellishments. My white and sheer ribbon just looked too naked for me so I added my silver little acrylic baubles to the tree and the bottom of the image panel. So, technically, this doesn't fit the challenge anymore. This will be a great holiday card or a thank you card for the holiday gifts we receive!


I'm seriously considering just ordering my Christmas photo cards this year instead of hand making them. Naughty I know but- here's the excuse- by the time I buy all of my supplies (card stock, embellishments, envelopes and photos) and take all of that time to make 100+ cards- I could easily spend more money (not to mention time) than Costco.com charges! Plus, I can't find anyone that prints 3x5 photos anymore! I like that size so that I can layer my photos and they still fit in a business sized envelope! So do you think I will be forgiven? Will hand stamping the envelopes make up for it?!
"white tree"
stamps: Treemendous (TSG)
ink: brilliance silver (Tsukineko)
paper: whisper white (SU!)
accessories: silver embossing powder, sheer white ribbon (SU!); silver baubles (Sierra Pacific Crafts); holly ribbons embossing folder (Provo Craft); white satin ribbon (Michael's)

6 comments:

Laura said...

WOW!!!! Very elegant. This resembles my Christmas card a little bit. I think the Stamping Police will look the other way. Maybe.......

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

Beautiful job Gretchen, I love all of the white with the bit of silver!

Jenyfur said...

This is so incredibly beautiful and elegant. LOVE!

Punkydoodle Papers said...

Wow Gretchen this is gorgeous! I love it!

whoistracy said...

Oh I hear you! Luckily we don't mail out many cards anymore, so the few I make throughout the year are enough to get me by. I just mailed mine Saturday and have maybe 10 or 15 more I have to make. Nothing big.

This card is so gorgeous! MUST try white on white.

Mandy said...

So elegant! Just breathtaking!!