Hello my friends and welcome to this month's i {heart} papers Design Team challenge! This month we are hopping along with the Paper Craft Planet Girls to showcase some of the new products and ideas that were unveiled at CHA in January. Of course, not everyone can attend CHA. We were quite sorely missing some of our team mates (that would be me!)...and the general public is not eligible to attend. Thankfully, those of you who couldn't be there can live vicariously through the next best thing: photos! Check out these in this post from Susanna, and several posts from MoxieFab! New product is arriving almost daily in the i {heart} papers store so be sure to check out the NEW ITEMS page frequently! Okay on with my project.
One of the prominent themes at CHA was the use of banners. I took some Paper Heart DP by Crate Paper and cut some small banner shapes with my Big Shot. I then used my Olivia alphabet for my cuttlebug and cut out the word "spring" from more of the Paper Heart DP. I used i {stick} papers red line tape to adhere the banners to the twisted hemp rope. I decorated the end banners with punched flowers and rhinestones for a little sparkle :) I then embellished the rest of the wreath with some flower picks and mushroom birds (why are they called mushroom birds?!) that I bought at Michael's. I couldn't call it complete without a ribbon bow! Here is a close up picture of the banner.
Even though it is only February, our weather here in Minneapolis has been absolutely gorgeous (for us anyways!). We don't have any snow on the ground and we have enjoyed many days in the 40s with lots of sunshine. I think I may just leave my spring wreath hanging up in the foyer until it actually snows again! Thanks so much for stopping by and please check out the rest of the team!
ink: none
paper: Paper Heart DP (Crate Paper); not quite navy, bashful blue, riding hood red, calypso coral (SU!)
accessories: Mix & Match Banners Die-namics (MFT); Olivia alphabet for Cuttlebug (Provo Craft); Twisted Hemp Rope Natural (Canvas Corp); flower daisy #2 Bigz die (Sizzix); flower punch (Family Treasures); light pink and ice blue rhinestones (Kaiser Craft); red silk ribbon (Creative Impressions); flower picks, mushroom birds, nest (Michael's)





21 comments:
what a sweet wreath to welcome spring! Adorable!
This is beautiful and brilliant, Gretchen! LOVE it! It looks like a happy little bird's spring nest!
What a fun spring wreath!
This is amazing! I absolutely love it! I want one! :)
Such a darling spring wreath!
So I guess it's your fault it snowed last night Gretchen! :) An absolutely adorable Spring wreath!
Love your cute spring wreath- so adorable! Especially those birds.
Perfect timing with a spring-themed wreath! Love the banners!!!!
Gretchen, your wreath is darling!! I love that banner. It sounds like you are having a similar end to winter as we are. However, snow and super cold is suddenly forecast for the rest of the week, so I'm going to enjoy today's sun and lovely barely above freezing temperatures while I can!
Such a great project Gretchen, and such a happy way to invite friends and family into your home. Love the banner!
I LOVE banners. I'm sure they will go away some day, but I'll still love them.
OMG! This is FABULOUS! The bunting on the wreath is just precious! I think you just cost me some money at Michael's because I NEED a wreath now and some crafting time!
Thought I was the only one who loved them...
This is a trend that I can get behind!
The banner looks really cute on the wreath. You can change it by season...
This is so creative and delightful! Love everything about it (come on, spring)!
Those little pennants on your banner are SO cute!! Great wreath. :)
pretty wreath. great use of banners.
What a sweet spring wreath! Love it!
Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com
So very pretty, Gretchen! Love the little banner you added to the wreath.
Absolutely love the use of pennants for your banner!
Post a Comment