
I'm sure all of you are still gearing up for the Christmas holiday this week (I still have a bit of baking to finish!) but There She Goes is getting ready for spring! Today the Trendsetters are featuring the new set Garden of Friends that will be released on Saturday night. It's a fabulous set of floral images and great sentiments. This may be my favorite set yet- although I think I say that about every new release! If you didn't start at Dawn's blog, go back and see what she has created and then hop back here! I took this week's color challenge from SCS of real red, sahara sand and crushed curry to start off my card. I'm not a gardener so I'm not even sure if these flowers actually come in these colors but I like how they all went together in my watering can! I used my ink pads and aqua painter to water color the image. Then I took a Fiskars corner embossing punch to make the edges a little more elegant. The ribbon is a beautiful red silk and I also added a curry colored button for bonus points!
Would you like to win your very own set of Garden of Friends? All you need to do is visit each of the Trendsetters blogs and leave each of us a comment. Then head back to the There She Goes blog and enter your name in the Mr. Linky! Your next stop on the hop is Holly.
Thanks for stopping by!
"Gardening Can"
stamps: Garden of Friends (TSG)
ink: memento tuxedo black (Tsukineko); crushed curry, real red, handsome hunter, elegant eggplant, sahara sand (SU!)
paper: sahara sand, chocolate chip, crushed curry (SU!)
accessories: MS border punch; button (Fancy Pants); silk ribbon, hemp twine (May Arts); corner punch (Fiskars); red pearls (Recollections)



33 comments:
This is beautiful. I love your choice of colors for the flowers.
How different this image looks when the colours are changed. Happy christmas and thanks Julye
Very pretty Gretchen - I like your layout too! Merry Christmas!
Beautiful, Gretchen! Love that ribbon! Are you getting ready for the big Christmas blizzard? LOL...I hope you have a Merry Christmas! :)
Such a pretty image, you did a lovely job! :)
SO Beautiful Gretchen! I just love this!!
Very beautiful colors that you have used!!
What great colors! I love the layout and the pop of certain colors and the lightness of others, nicely done!
This is beautiful. I also am loving the color combo you chose.
Beautiful card with the big bow.
Pretty! Love your big red bow at the top....great colors.
Very pretty!
This is so pretty! Beautiful bow!
WOW this is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
What a beautiful card. The colors are great and go together wonderfully. Love how the red makes everything pop.
So pretty - I love the ribbon with the button. Very nice touch!
Merry Christmas!
Very pretty! Love that image, and all of your embellishments!
How pretty, Gretchen! I love your ribbon treatment!
Very pretty card - everyone's take is a little different, but this image really lends itself to being individualized!
This is beautiful Gretchen.. I love the colors you chose. I was trying to think of something different. Great ribbon too.. Super job. Have a very Merry Christmas
Another beautiful creation! Simple, yet perfect!
pretty card :)!
Inky Hugs,
catherine
catlevy@eastlink.ca
Fun colors and great set. hugs...
Love the big bow...great job!
Very pretty Gretchen!!
I really love that image. Ur cards always rock!
Love the colors!
Love this stamp--pretty card!
Cute card!
So nice and cheery. Wonderful colors that really set off the flowers.
nice card the flowers are so pretty.
This is so pretty, Gretchen!
Nice colors for your flowers! Love your bow.
Post a Comment