About Me

My photo
Wife, Mom, Childcare provider and self-professed paper crafting junkie!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Birthday Calendar


Hey friends! Today is our i {heart} papers Design Team monthly challenge. Today we are using these mini calendar stickers by SRM on our projects. Like most card makers, I love to make cards but often times they never see a mailbox (a shame I know).  I struggle the most with Birthday cards for my family. Yes, they have the same birthday every year so you would think I would be prepared but often times I miss sending them a card and making a phone call instead! I'm going to try a little harder this next year and I think my little Birthday Calendar will help! I made each month from a 3 1/2" square coaster that I decorated with patterned paper and stamps. The actual calendar is just tacked onto the coaster so that it can be changed with the current year's calendar. In this case, I used a tiny clothespin to attach my calendar (that I mounted to a piece of red card stock) to the ribbon. My snowman is a Paper Smooches image that I colored with my Copics and added some chunky glitter to for snow. On the back of the coaster is a tiny paper bag that holds tags with my family's January birth dates and addresses printed on them (I forgot to take a picture of the back and when I remembered it was too dark outside- darn daylight savings time!) I will get one later today for you! Each month is sitting right on my craft table on a plate holder where I will see it each day! I'm already working on February and March so I should have no excuse to send out those cards (cross your fingers).

Check out my fellow DT members projects too!
Thanks for stopping by!

stamps: Swanky Snowdudes (Paper Smooches)
ink: memento tuxedo black (Tsukineko)
paper: cherry cobbler, baja breeze (SU!); Copic blending card stock (X-Press); Season's Greetings DP (Echo Park)
accessories: lacey squares, classic squares nestabilities (Spellbinders); mini calendar sheet (SRM); Copic sketch markers; tiny white clothespin (Canvas Corp); tinsel edge red ribbon (May Arts); coaster; chunky glitter

7 comments:

Kendra said...

Great idea! I love this! You're not alone, I have the same issue with sending cards.

Deb said...

Hahaha...great minds think alike! You and I used the same stamp set and color scheme, but you were SO BRILLIANT to use that little clothespin to make yours interchangeable! This is darling!

i {heart} papers said...

So cute! I love the little snow on the snowman. You and Deb must have collaborated! :)

LorettaL said...

Gretchen, I love that little clothes pin!!! I was trying to think how I could make my calendar pages interchangeable, and that would have been perfect!

Carolyn Mustopa said...

Totally adorable! Great job!

whoistracy said...

What a sweet idea! I've been trying to be more diligent with mailing and giving birthday cards to family members. Notice I said "try". LOL It's been better this year, but no one's perfect. Congrats on the guest Diva spot, too- you go girl!!!

Lori said...

This is such a great idea, Gretchen! Love how you used the clothespin to attach the calendar to the panel.