About Me

My photo
Wife, Mom, Childcare provider and self-professed paper crafting junkie!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Verve Holiday Spotlight Hop~ Day 1



Welcome to our Holiday Spotlight Hops!  Hop along with the Divas over the next few days as we share our first looks at a few of the new products releasing from Verve this Friday night!  One lucky commenter from each day's hop will win the sets and dies featured that day, so be sure and leave a little love in the Divasphere! Check out the Verve Blog today for all the prize details and deadlines.
Can You believe it?! I'm part of this month's Verve release along with Vickie and Wanda and all of the fabulous Verve Divas! (Eeek!) 

My card today features the new Jeremiah 33:3 Plain Jane. I used the first Viva La Verve sketch for November as my layout changing up the shapes a bit.  Besides being a lover of Verve stamps, I am a ribbon addict and have oodles of spools in my craft room! When I found this luscious peach satin stuff at Michael's that matched my DP to a "T", I nearly squealed in delight and quickly added it to my collection. A perfect compliment to beautiful stamps don't you think {wink}?

Thanks so much for indulging me in my Verve wanna-be dream and be sure to visit the rest of the Divas today (and all week long!)


1. Julee7. Andrea
2. Teresa8. Vickie {Guest}
3. Charmaine9. Amy
4. Maureen10. Laurie
5. Tosha11. Gretchen {Guest}
6. Wanda {Guest}12. Sankari


51 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Really lovely card, colors and papers are just beautiful, and the sentiment is one I love.

Wanda Cullen said...

Gretchen, your card is gorgeous and in some of my fave colors (my bedroom colors to be exact!). I'm so happy to be a fellow guestie with you...you do lovely work!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a beautiful card, Gretchen. Love these soft colors. So happy to have you along as a guest this release!

ellepaulette said...

What a lovely Card!!

Amy Sheffer said...

This is awesome, Gretchen! The colors, papers, and ribbon are just divine! Awesome job with the VLV sketch, too! Tickled to death to have you with us this release! Hugs!

dj said...

Beautiful...love the combination of the flowered paper and the plaid paper...great combo!! Great job showcasing the newbies from Verve!!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Mmm, peachy ribbon! Love it! Beautifully put together and congrats on your GD spot! Enjoy!

Marisa said...

Great colour combo and use of this week's sketch. Love that verse and you have showcased it wonderfully. Enjoy the Guest Diva ride!

scrappingnana said...

Lovely card and color combo. Great use of the sketch and the sentiment. Congrats on being a Guest Diva.

Steph Herbert said...

Really lovely card!:)

Debbie Carriere said...

Beautiful card!! Love the ribbon!

Basslady said...

an awesome card with wonderful papers and a fantastic ribbon-bow!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Karen Day said...

How fun for you to be a guest Diva! Really lovely card :o)

Lynn said...

BIG HUGE Congrats on being a guest Diva! Your card is beautiful!

Marsha said...

Really striking. Congrats on being the guest designer. How exciting.

Bridget said...

So glad to see you on this hop - your card is fabulous, Gretchen, the colors are so soft and lovely, and you've showcased this wonderful verse beautifully!

Ravengirl said...

Beautiful card, Gretchen! I would have scooped up that lovely peach ribbon too! I'm so glad to see you living your Verve dream!

Luanne said...

I love it when papers, buttons and BOWS match perfectly too! This is a dreamy card, and your guest diva spot is well deserved! Beautiful card ~ love the scripture!!

Carin said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing it.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Such a pretty card. Pretty papers. I like the way you've showcased this verse.

Nicole said...

Congrats on guest divahood. Your card is so sweet. Love the color combo.

Lillian Child said...

Simply beautiful!

Tami Grandi said...

The colors are exquisite!

scrappinmommom said...

Such a pretty card, love the little touch of plaid with the pretty background paper. Colors are terrific.

Annette Allen said...

beautiful...
thanks for sharing..

Cindy said...

Nice work on this card!

Maureen said...

oh, I agree!! That ribbon is delicious!! A perfect match to this lovely card :) So happy to have you celebrate this new release!! Woohoo!!

missy said...

I love that ribbon. I am a ribbon addict too!!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Congrats on being guest designer - beautiful card.

craftymom205 said...

Love the card.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card and congrats on being a guest diva!

Linda Carson said...

Beautifully done!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!! :)

KD1223 said...

Such a very pretty card. I love the peach bow.

Andrea Ewen said...

Well, first off, congratulations on the guest spot! Your work is beautiful, Gretchen, I'm not surprised that Julee chose you!
This card is simply gorgeous...that satin-y bow is absolutely fabulous...and so wonderfully elegant! I love how your whole card coordinates perfectly from the sweet papers to the charming accents! Stunning work, my dear!

wendy said...

so pretty ...love the ribbon color!

Luanne said...

very lovely card I love the colors and the layers of die cuts. that ribbon is super cute!


Luanne
http://craftersreference.blogspot.com/

KanataNewf said...

such a pretty card. That satin ribbon really makes it pop.

Kate Pape said...

I love peach, and the ribbon perfectly accents the paper. Great job.

Olena said...

beautiful card! Love this stamp set! Olena

Janet's Joy said...

I love the verse and your card!

Unknown said...

The color combo AND the card are absolutely gorgeous! I simply must have the Jeremiah 33:3 stamp. TFS

Ally said...

Beautiful card! I love the patterns and colors you chose. So delightful. ;-)

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful card! ;)

Denisse said...

so pretty! and that ribbon is the perfect accent!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a beautiful card! I love the papers and colors you chose and that ribbon is gorgeous!

Sue D said...

Great papers and layout.

TrinaM said...

Awesome card and love that ribbon!

Good2BT said...

This is a lovely card!

Tania said...

Love the simplicity of this card. Beautiful color choices.

Jackie Pedro said...

Gretchen, you did such a fabulous job with the release! This is another BEAUTIFUL card! Love the layout on this one, also!!