
Today is my daughter's 14th Birthday! A mother has a right to brag right? Well, here goes- she is a wonderful student and has a strong sense of self. Just the other night at dinner we were discussing a movie she had seen at school and the discussion that followed with her fellow students. It was an in depth discussion about amnesty and a poll was taken in the class regarding the topic. We continued the discussion at home and my daughter admitted that she was one of only 2 students in the class that was against amnesty in this situation and explained her reasons why. Even though it was not the "popular" vote, she stood her ground and fiercely debated the topic. She received wonderful praise from her teacher and my husband and I are so proud of her (watch out Washington- a strong Republican in the making?!) There are times, of course, when her teenage reasoning boggles my mind, or when she feels the need to irritate her younger brothers and gets sent to her room but all in all she is a beautiful young lady inside and out!
I made this card for her. The verse is so fitting for her I think! Without dreams, where does a future lead?! I used this week's sketch for you to try for my layout and some great accessories from i {heart} papers. The little pearls at the bottom were a white color but I used my Copic marker to make them match the orange color in the paper. I used a bit of glitter to make the word "dream" stand out.
Thanks for stopping by!
ink: always artichoke (SU!)
paper: naturals ivory, kiwi kiss (SU!); blue/green (Archiver's); DP by K&Co



4 comments:
SWEET card and Happy Birthday to your sweet girl!!
I hope your daughter has a fabulous birthday!!! Oh to be 14 again!
This is gorgeous Gretchen! Happy Birthday to your daughter!!!!
Beautiful! I would never have guessed you were old enough to have a 14 year old!
Post a Comment