About Me

My photo
Wife, Mom, Childcare provider and self-professed paper crafting junkie!

Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Holiday Tags Blog Hop





Hey there! It's release week at There She Goes and there are 3 fabulous sets that will be released on Friday! I hope you have arrived here from Faith's blog but if you haven't you can start at the There She Goes blog to see all of the eye candy. Our hop today features Holiday Tags. I used the tags traditionally for my first project. This is a tiny paper bag that I filled with chocolates and then tied a ribbon all the way around it to keep it closed. I added a button and twine element and then attached my tag with some more twine. I colored my tree with my Copics. Here's a close up of the tree. I'm still working on my shading (and I hope to take a Copic class soon) but they are so much fun to work with!



I'm getting a little tired of making holiday projects so for this next card I used the tags a bit non traditionally! Included in the set are snowflakes, stars and presents along with the tree and candy cane.


This time I stamped one of the star background tags tone on tone and used a square punch to cut them out. {Did you know that Palette Haystack is a great match to SU! kraft card stock?} I made a little banner with the sentiment that I also stamped tone on tone (sorry it's hard to see in the pic but it says Happy Birthday) I added some glitter, piercing and stitching and 2 star punches with a brad in the middle. I think it makes a great teen boy card, don't you?
For more great Holiday Tags, hop on over to Holly's blog! Come back tomorrow for a look at another There She Goes set and don't forget to leave a comment on each of the Trendsetters blogs and add your name to the Mr Linky back at the There She Goes blog for a chance to win your very own set of Holiday Tags!
Thanks for stopping by!
"tree bag"
stamps: Holiday Tags (There She Goes)
ink: Palette Burnt Umber (Stewart Superior)
paper: whisper white, always artichoke (SU!)
accessories: circle and scallop circle punches (SU!); Copic markers; ribbon, button (Bazzill); hemp twine (May Arts)
"star birthday"
stamps: Holiday Tags (There She Goes)
ink: riding hood red. soft sky (SU!); Palette Haystack (Stewart Superior)
paper: soft sky, riding hood red, kraft, blue bayou (SU!)
accessories: paper piercer, star punches, square punch, glitter (SU!); brad (Hobby Lobby); sewing machine

34 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the way you used the tag! Great idea!

Alina said...

nice bag ... cool tag

akagreenhouse said...

Such a cute package! Love the tag!

Robbie said...

Love your tags. Your coloring is off to a great start!!

Julie said...

Very pretty, Gretchen! I love your samples!

Paper and Petals said...

these are both great! I love the look of the bag and the non traditional card is perfect! Thanks for the tip on the haystack ink. As much as I use kraft you would think I would have known that!

B said...

Super cute -- love the bag and the non traditional card :)

Nikki Bond said...

Sooo cute! {SMILES}

Dina said...

Both came out great! That tree is just darling, and I think your coloring/shading is wonderful! Great star!

Jodi Collins said...

These are AWESOME Gretchen! I ADORE that bag!!

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

Great job on both projects Gretchen!! I love the ribbon you added to the bag on the first and that was a great idea to use the tag stamps on the squares on the second!!

Laura said...

LOVE these. That birthday card is GREAT.

Anonymous said...

super cute!!!! I love the bag.

Cheryl said...

The tree bag is too cute. Great way to jazz up a plain bag quickly.

Unknown said...

Very nice! Hop Hop Hop

Anita said...

Beautiful tag and card!

JenRaff said...

Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the tags!

Sandra MacLean said...

Now THAT is a creative way to use the tags Gretchen!! Awesome idea!

Tracey said...

Adorable stuff!!

Theresa said...

Great job!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great stamp set!

Michele Lourenco said...

I love your creations. You're my kind of gal, i don't like cutting too much! Punches are always the best alternative...

hugs,
michele

Carol Dee said...

Great tag. These would be great on my gifts this year!

Unknown said...

Both are so pretty, Gretchen! Your gift bag is embellished perfectly!! Love your red, blue and white card, too!

Sheila said...

I love your tree bag, Gretchen.

Joanne (jojot) said...

fab tag use ...looks like a great set

Crafty Math Chick said...

These look awesome! Really nice way to dress up a brown bag for gift giving! Happy Thanksgiving!

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, I love your little gift tag and the bag looks winderful!!! Love your beautiful card, too!!! Ihanks for the deets on the Haystack ink...gotta get some of that, for sure!!!

Annette Bowes said...

Lovely tree gift tag, love the colouring of the tree, great card to, take careX:)

Tanya said...

So cute, love, love, love that tag! Loved the ribbon on the bag.

Lela said...

Super cute tags!

Kim P said...

Love the way you dressed up the brown paper bag!

Anonymous said...

Sweet tags!