About Me

My photo
Wife, Mom, Childcare provider and self-professed paper crafting junkie!

Blog Archive

Friday, November 20, 2009

Tall and Skinny


Boy I wish that was the description of me! It's actually today's limited supply challenge to make a tall, skinny card. I just got this month's kit of the month from Unity so I used it for today's challenge! My card measures 3 1/2 x 7. I embossed my fairy, flower, mushroom stamp in black onto a piece of Making Memories DP. The magical sentiment is also from the kit of the month and is also heat embossed. The black dots under the main image are actually black rhinestones and are quite sparkly in the right light. Speaking of the right light, I'm still experimenting with my photo setup and today I used the front room in my house. I like how the sun shines into the large window in there but my background (a denim couch or the piano) kind of stinks! Maybe if I used some kind of a back drop?
I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend (although tonight with 6 teenage girls here for a birthday celebration could be a different story!) and maybe some stamping time with a friend. By the way- GO VIKINGS!!
Thanks for stopping by!
"magical fairy"
ink: versafine black onyx (Tsukineko)
paper: basic black, kiwi kiss, whisper white (SU!); DP by Making Memories
accessories: scallop border punch (Martha Stewart); ribbon, black EP (SU!); oval nestabilities (Spellbinders); black rhinestones (Kaiser Craft)

4 comments:

Crystal said...

LOVE your tall and skinny design, very pretty and love the green and black...Wonderful card!

Anonymous said...

I love different shape cards and the tall/long ones are my fave! Love this one, I am going to do one today actually now, thanks for the reminder!

Unity Stamp Company said...

LOVE THIS CARD! It is adorable. :)

Laura said...

Very pretty. LOVE the size (something I need to experiment with!!).